Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Here and There. Quite frankly, everywhere.

All of you know I have been on-the-go since June and I haven't stopped yet. I am now sitting pretty in Alexandria, Virginia (close to DC). I arrived last Thursday with the Brays in tow. John joined us Friday night. We lived it up during the weekend shopping, eating, and most importantly, drinking. Most of you know I'm not a big drinker (unless I'm partying it up like it's 1999) but when the Brays are around I seem to consume more wine than usual. I hadn't seen my husband in 6 weeks so it was really great being able to see him. Monday morning I moved my stuff to my moms house while the Brays were making their way back to Indy with my child. That's right. Riley and I parted ways. We said adios amigo. Chow. See you later alligator. And I miss him. My heart was ripped out of my chest when I had to say goodbye. If I have a hard time with this kind of guilt, what will it be like with kids? I think I may be the type to let them play in the street all the while making sure my sweet puppy is inside safe with me. :) But then again, maybe not. We'll just have to see. When the dog is away, mommy will play. While my husband is working himself to death, I am relaxing and hanging out with mom. We haven't been doing to much, just watching lots of TV, some cooking, a movie ("Eat, Pray, Love", we loved it!!), and making plans for things to do in September when it's cooler and all the hoodlums errr... I mean kids go back to school.

John and I will head home Labor Day weekend but we'll only be there Saturday and Sunday. It will be good for us (me, John, and Riley) to be at home again living our little life for 48 hours. John has 10 weeks of school left then we'll be heading to Sacramento. I'm actually getting excited about it. I spoke with his boss's wife, who was SO nice, and she was able to give me a ton of information. I'll be going out west early October to check things out. I think Thelma may come to. Which will be fun, Napa is only an hour away!

Well, I'm cooking dinner now (smothered chicken, what else is new??) and I need to check my Facebook so I'll catch up with everyone soon!

No comments: