Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

27 Weeks

How far along: 27 Weeks/ 3rd Trimester!
Total weight gain: 15lbs. total but I'll find out at my appointment next week how much I've gained.
Maternity clothes: I wear anything maternity or dresses.
Sleep: Sleep has been just ok. I've also been napping everyday, which I can't seem to stop doing, and because of that I'm not sleeping as well. The nasal congestion is also getting worse, so I know that is a big reason as well. But because I'm not sleeping well, I'm exhausted throughout the day and like today, I ended up taking a 2 hour nap.
Best Moment this week: Mother's Day! It was so wonderful getting all the cards in the mail! It's was a perfect first Mother's Day.
Movement:  Often. He wakes me up every morning and puts me to sleep everynight with his kicking. And there's lots more in between! 
Gender: Boy!
Labor signs: None. Hopefully I won't have any for another (gulp) 13 weeks.
Belly button: It's at the edge, but plenty of people have told me theirs never popped so I'm betting mine won't either.
Cravings: Not much. I'm definitely in a bbq stage because it's finally nice outside. Anything food really.
What I miss: A clear nasal passage not coated in blood.
Stretch Marks: No stretch marks yet except the dark line below and above my belly button. 
What baby is up to: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning  if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
What I am looking forward to this week: I'm looking forward to a few things. Finals is next week and then I have a 2 week break before summer school starts. Tomorrow my friend Erin (who lives here) is finding out the sex of their baby and I'm super excited about that! I had my glucose test so I am patiently awaiting the results so I can stop stressing about having to take the 3 hour test. However, I probably won't get those results until my next appointment.

No comments: