Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 Weeks.
Total weight gain: 15lbs. total. 
Maternity clothes: I wear anything maternity or dresses.
Sleep: I've been sleeping really well, sometimes even when I nap. I feel like I hit a fatigue stage the past week or so, but it's getting pretty hot here which could account for the sleepiness.
Best Moment this week: We had a BBQ with some friends this weekend which was alot of fun. I also went bra shopping and y'all, let me tell you, it was time! I signed up for a summer class at school which I'm excited about. It ends July 28th so I'm hoping this baby doesn't decide to come too early.
Movement:  Often. He may sleep sometimes but once he gets moving, he's at it for awhile. 
Gender: Boy!
Labor signs: None. Hopefully I won't have any for another (gulp) 14 weeks.
Belly button: Slowly but surely, it's making it's way out. I'm told it may not pop at all.
Cravings: Not much. I'm definitely in a bbq stage because it's finally nice outside. We've grilled out quite a few times the last couple of weeks.
What I miss: A clear nasal passage not coated in blood.
Stretch Marks: The line by the belly button has gotten darker.
What baby is up to: By the 26th week of pregnancy, your baby weighs 1 1/2 to 2 pounds, and is about the length of a small pineapple. Your baby's eyebrows and eyelashes are well formed. His eyes are fully developed — he will start to open and close them at around 28 weeks. The hair on his head grows and thickens. Little footprints and fingerprints form. He starts using his lungs to mimic breathing. Essential fats accumulate under his skin.
What I am looking forward to this week: I'm looking forward to a few things. Saturday I'm getting a pedi with my friend Sabina and afterwards we'll go to her house and meet up with our husbands for a BBQ. I'm looking forward to taking my glucose test next week and getting that over with. School is almost over and I'm ready for a 2 week break before summer school starts. I'm also looking forward to leaving in 2 and 1/2 weeks for my baby shower in Indy!

It took a few tries for the picture. Riley was all up in my business trying to see what was going on. When we say "baby" he'll look at my belly and just stare. (Yes, we're teaching him "baby" by rubbing my stomach.) He also has a little stuffed dog that we call "baby" and we show him how gentle we're being with it. Riley has yet to try and tear it apart and he's very gentle with it when he carries it to us. Our goal is to get him to be gentle when we say "baby" for when the baby actually does come home. 

 He finally laid down at my feet. He's pretty protective of me, especially when I have my shirt up and my belly is exposed. I've got a butt now too, apparently.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

it is going by so fast.