Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

20 Weeks, the Halfway Point

How far along:  20 weeks. Halfway there! John said it was all downhill from here, I think realistically it's more up an uphill battle, but whatevs....
Total weight gain: My trusty, cheap scale says I lost a pound or two, but I'll know for sure Monday.
Maternity clothes:  I wear jersey knit pants, my maternity jeans, 3 maternity tops, and John's t-shirts some days. However, my yoga pants now leave a mark on my stomach that doesn't feel too great. Apparently those are getting a little tight.
Sleep: I'm sleeping all night long right now. Yesterday I had a 2 and a half hour nap, slept all night, and didn't wake up until 10. Not sure what all the sleeping is about, but I like it!
Best Moment this week: We really haven't had any "best" moments this week. Baby is kicking everyday, so that makes me happy.
Movement: Yes, everyday.
Gender: ALL BOY!!!!!!!
Labor signs: Hopefully I won't have any for another 20 weeks! (this is part of the uphill battle I mentioned. Just sayin)
Belly button: It'll be in for awhile, but the skin around it is starting to look kinda weird. What is that?
Cravings: Nothing much. Still chips, dip, and grapes.    
What I miss: A good digestive track. TMI? Sorry...
Stretch Marks:  There is a light line from my belly button to the top of my pubic bone. It'll get darker as my belly gets bigger. I'm wondering if the weirdness around my belly button is going to be stretch marks. Not sure..
What baby is up to:  Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. (So in other words, our baby boy is going to like some cajun home cooking!)
What I am looking forward to this week: Our 20 week ultrasound appointment Monday. It always does my heart good just to see him and make sure he's doing ok in there.

No comments: