Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

34 Weeks

How far along: 34 Weeks/ 8 1/2 months pregnant.
Total weight gain: 24-26lbs. I'll find out at my appt. Friday the latest total.
Maternity clothes: I wear anything comfortable. From writing my last post I have come to realize that, hello(!), my husband has shorts I can wear! I tried his work out type shorts on and they are perfect so I have a few more choices in my wardrobe now.
Sleep: I  am taking great naps and falling right asleep at night, however, I am starting to wake up around 4am and staying awake. I'm not sure if it's because of the birds that chirp outside my window, my body aching, or having such weird, vivid dreams it's hard to fall asleep after.
Best Moment this week: Hanging out with John Friday and Saturday. We had such a great weekend together. I also attended a group class with my friend put on by my yoga teacher. All the ladies brought snacks and we talked about any and all questions regarding pregnancy and life with a new baby. It was alot of fun!
Movement:  He's still moving quite a bit but he's on a schedule now. Some days I feel like he's trying to claw his way out.
Gender: Boy
Labor signs: Hopefully I won't have these for another 6(ish) weeks. 
Belly button: It's out.
Cravings: Burritos...still. As a matter of fact, I had Chipolte for lunch today.
What I miss: A day without his hiccuping.
Stretch Marks: No stretch marks yet except the dark line below and above my belly button. Fingers crossed it stays this way!
What baby is up to: Your baby is clocking in at five pounds and could be as tall as 20 inches by now, and the vernix (the white coating protecting your baby’s skin) is getting thicker. This week, a boy's testicles start making their way down from his abdomen to their final destination: his scrotum (look out below!).  In other baby-related developments, those tiny fingernails have probably reached the tips of his fingers by now — and getting ready for that first postpartum manicure.
What I am looking forward to this week: As of tomorrow school is officially halfway finished. I'm ready for school to be over with because I know our baby will be here shortly after. I'm also looking forward to the 35 week mark. Since I hit the 30 week mark, the next "big" mark for me was 35 and I can't believe I'm just a week away from that.

 

1 comment:

Christine said...

I want to see the belly button!