Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

36 Weeks

How far along: 36 weeks/ 9 months pregnant.
Total weight gain: 29lbs as of yesterday
Maternity clothes: I wear anything comfortable. 
Sleep: It changes everyday. Sometimes I sleep all night and sometimes I'm up most of the night.
Best Moment this week: Spending the weekend with John. It's so wonderful to be back to our normal lives. We also had our 36 week appt. yesterday which was great.
Movement:  He had been head down, faced up, but at my appt. yesterday the doctor confirmed he flipped over. Finally! There is still lots of movement from him.
Gender: Boy!
Labor signs: I've had lots of contractions but I still can't tell the difference between real or false. At yesterdays appointment while I was laying back , the doctor asked if I could feel "that" (his hands were on my belly). I said yes, because I was feeling the baby move. He said "that's a contraction". I told him I had been feeling that for a couple of weeks, I just assumed it was baby. He said it was completely normal and it should be happening because my body is getting ready for labor. So apparently there are labor signs but he's not due for another 4 weeks.
Belly button: It's out.
Cravings: Burritos. But I don't really crave anything. Most days I wish I could skip eating because I always feel so full and my stomach is constantly tight.
What I miss: My skinny face.
Stretch Marks: No stretch marks yet except the dark line below and above my belly button. Fingers crossed it stays this way!
What baby is up to: Forget your aching back (and everything else!) by trying to focus on your baby, who is now about six pounds and 20 inches long, with soft bones and cartilage to allow a safer journey through the exit door. Most of his systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are ready for prime time, though his digestion system — which has done only practice runs so far — will kick into gear as he takes his first suckle at the breast or bottle
What I am looking forward to this week: Another weekend with John. Two more left together! Also, next Wednesday I will officially be full term. I am so ready to meet our son. I don't think I have ever been so ready for anything in my entire life.

No comments: