Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

38 Weeks :)

How far along: 38 weeks/ 9 1/2 months pregnant/ Full Term
Total weight gain: 30lbs total.
Maternity clothes: I wear anything comfortable but most stuff doesn't fit. Even some of John's clothes.
Sleep: It changes everyday. Sometimes I sleep all night and sometimes I'm up most of the night.
Best Moment this week: My prenatal massage, which was wonderful! I had an amazing last weekend with John. I finally entered my LAST week of school for the semester! Also, today I held my friend's 12 day old little boy. Awww, he is soooo cute and it makes me not able to wait to hold my little man!
Movement: There is still movement from him, but I can tell he's starting to get cramped.
Gender: Boy!
Labor signs: I've had lots of contractions but not anything that can be timed. He is due in 2 weeks! I've given him the eviction date of Aug.1st so we'll see if he listens. Ha!
Belly Button: Out unless there is a contraction. The tightening pulls it in. (I'll try to get a picture, Christine :))
Cravings: Burritos! I had Chipolte today...
What I miss: My skinny face. Also, my feet and legs are swollen everyday now. I'm ready for that to be over with.
Stretch Marks: No stretch marks yet except the dark line below and above my belly button.
What baby is up to: Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long. Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. He's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in his lungs from sticking to one another once he starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: He’s continuing to add fat and fine-tuning his brain and nervous system. *** I copy and paste 'what baby is up to' from a baby website. The weight and length are just an average and I really have no idea how much he weighs. At my last appointment the doctor said he's measuring right on schedule so I'm assuming he is going to be somewhat of an average baby. No one really knows until he's born.*** :)
What I am looking forward to this week: My final exam and 38 week appointment tomorrow. Mom and Keith will be here Friday!!! Also, if baby boy decides to grace us with his presence this week, then I'm looking forward to that as well.

(This was taken on our date night, so I'm really 37 1/2 weeks.)

No comments: