Thursday, June 28, 2012


It would seem Jude and I had a busy week, but he's been napping between 5-6 hours a day and these outings are between those naps.

Monday we met up with Erin, Michelle, Jackson, and David at Chipolte. We had a fabulous lunch, the hung outside in the shade for play time. 
 Jude is just starting to pull himself up. This was taken a few seconds after he pulled himself up on the file cabinet then let go. I love that smile.
 Tuesday morning we had an appointment with the carseat inspector. He installed Jude's big boy carseat!!! Jude loves it. Mommy is still getting used to it. It got to the point where I could no longer carry the infant seat because he was too heavy. He also stopped napping in the car and was growing right out of it!
 After leaving the fire station (where the inspection takes place), we headed to the local farmer's market to meet Erin, Jackson, Melissa, and Landon. Jude chowed down on some apricots before we headed to a nearby baby store. Soon after we headed home for a much needed nap.

After his nap, I dropped him off with Erin for 2 hours and I went home and scrubbed our house. It was so nice having time to just clean and not have to stop.
 Yay Jude!!!
 You did it, Buddy!!! I can't believe you're pulling yourself up!!
 Jude had a rough night Tuesday night. He cried for hours and nothing soothed him. It finally dawned on me at 3:30am that he was being clingy and needed to be touching me to be ok. That happens most of the day, but not really at night. Against my better judgment (and dreading to tell John the next morning), I brought Jude into bed with me. Within 2 minutes he was curled up next to me fast asleep. We both slept until 6:30am. It was wonderful. I now see why parents co-sleep. However, we have our issues with it so we're going to keep him in his own room, but it was so nice snuggling with my baby boy.

This was taking right after he woke up next to me. *swoon*
 Wednesday I took Jackson for a few hours so Erin could get things done. (We're doing this trade off thing with the kids.) Jackson and Jude had a great time. Jude woke from his nap at 11:30 and was back in bed asleep by 1:30. We all had lunch, played, went for a walk, then it was nap time.
 Once I put Jude down in his crib, I read to Jackson for a bit and then he fell asleep.
 Our mall just opened a huge new area. It has a playground and lots of outdoor seating. Jude and I did a walk through yesterday evening just to see what all the fuss was about. It was really cool and we'll be heading that way to check it out soon!
Today has been good. Erin and I met at Target at 8am to do some quick grocery shopping. The boys were still in their jammies and I wish I would have taken a picture. We got home and Jude went right down for a nap. John will be home in 2 hours!!!!

Tomorrow we have a lunch date with Ms. S at Chipolte (where else) and Erin and I got babysitters so we could go see MAGIC MIKE!!! We'll be first in line, thankyouverymuch.

No comments: